To build meaningful relationships with other outdoorsmen for the purpose of leading them to, or back to, Jesus Christ.
First registered first reserved!
Primary check in will begin on Friday, April 27th from 4pm until 6pm at the lodge. If you will not be able to check in by 6pm on Friday, please let us know ahead of time. You can check in Friday evening after dark if necessary.
The event will officially end at noon on Sunday, April 29th. Everyone must check out by noon on Sunday. Volunteer boat owners MUST check in and be on site by 2pm on Friday.
All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver at sign in. Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian present at the event.
We will be staying at the Proctor Lake Lodge (www.ProctorLakeLodge.com), which is located at:
124 Arrowhead (Proctor Lake)
Comanche TX 76442
We will have volunteers present along with their boats. Our volunteer boat owners are paying their way and are not professionals – nor are they licensed guides. No tips allowed, but gas in the tank and your share of other expenses is expected. Please bring cash to assist with boat gas, ice, and bait. Each volunteer boat owner will be assigned a fishing party each day. While we keep fathers and sons together, usually you will be fishing with people you don’t know. This is done purposefully so please don’t be surprised. Additionally, we will try to pair volunteer boat owners with parties suitable to their preferred method of fishing, but please remember to be flexible as this won’t always be possible.
Volunteer boat owners will be introduced to their parties in our meetings. Please see your volunteer boat owner for assistance and/or special needs with regard to fishing.
Dinner will be provided for both Friday and Saturday nights’ meals. Breakfast will be served Saturday and Sunday morning. Drinks and snacks will be available in limited amounts, but plan to bring your favorite soft drinks. Leftovers will be available for lunches but most parties will eat out based on their fishing location and schedule.
As usual, everyone present at the event will receive an event t-shirt and an entry for the door prize drawing that will be held on Saturday night. If you’d like to donate door prizes of fishing tackle, please contact Greg Young at the number provided below.
Additional prizes awarded for the biggest catfish, largemouth bass, hybrid striper, and crappie… just for the fun of it!
- Perfect people are not allowed. Come as you are, no pretending.
- No drunkenness. Alcohol in moderation is allowed, but not on the boats please.
- No profanity. We want to keep the environment kid friendly.
- Have a good time.
What to bring:
- Fathers must bring a life vest for their child under 16.
- Valid Texas freshwater fishing license.
- Everyone should bring their own fishing gear and tackle as it is not expected of volunteer boat owners to lend out their gear or tackle. If they choose to do so, please replace it.
- Cash for boat gas, ice, or any live bait you would like to use.
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Filet knife and Ziploc bags – plan to clean your own fish please.
- Cooler to bring fish home.
- A willing attitude that’s eager to help make it work and have a good time – remember, everyone there is a volunteer, so set your expectations as though you are going on a weekend trip with friends.
Plan to fish for largemouth bass, white bass, hybrid stripers, and crappie. Some boats, particularly those with kids, may pursue catfish. Each fisherman should bring their own rod. It’s recommended to put fresh line on reels if you haven’t done so in the last few months.
Best artificial lures for hybrids and white bass are jigging spoons and swim jigs. Best artificial lures for largemouth bass are spinnerbaits, crankbaits, and soft plastics. For catfish, cut bait, shrimp, and stink baits can be used but will require terminal tackle such as barrel weights, swivels, and circle hooks.
There are few choices for bait and tackle around the lake, please shop in advance as much as possible.
The event chairman is Greg Young. If you need information prior to the event please contact him at email@example.com. If you need assistance on the road or during the event, please contact him via phone at 817-691-0803.
Schedule of Events