- Fish solo or as a 2 man team
- $75 entry per team ($10 goes to big bass pot)
- 90% payout for top 3 teams (after 30 boats, one additional payout spot per 5 additional teams)
- Minimum payouts $500/$150/$75 for top 3 teams regardless of turnout
- Big bass pays 100%
- Boat check and at Powell Park from 4:30 am to 5:30 am.
- Fish safe light to 2 pm, must be in line to weigh at Powell Park by 2:30 pm
- Awards ceremony and free fish fry at The Last Resort Sam Rayburn immediately after weigh in
- Door prizes given away at awards ceremony
For out of town participants that need assistance with lodging, please contact
Brian Williford with The Last Resort Sam Rayburn at 281-475-6385 or email@example.com.
- These rules apply to all contestants entering the tournament. Violations of any of these rules will result in an appropriate penalty or disqualification. It is each team’s responsibility to know and completely understand the rules set forth for this tournament. All contestants will be subject to a polygraph test if required by the tournament director. Failure to pass, or refusal to take a polygraph test will result in an immediate disqualification and the participant will be banned from all future Blast & Cast events. Protests must be in writing and presented to the tournament director no more than 5 minutes after the weigh in scales have closed. All decisions made by the tournament director are final and are not subject to an appeal.
- Participation and eligibility: This tournament is open to anyone. At least one member of each team must be 18 years of age or older (or 16 years of age or older with a completed boater’s safety course). Blast & Cast reserves the rights to refuse entry to anyone.
- Boat requirements: All entered boats must have all safety items required by the United States Coast Guard and livewell/aeration capacity that is capable of keeping 5 largemouth bass alive. All outboards shall not exceed the maximum horsepower rating of the United States Coast Guard.
- All state, local and federal laws must be obeyed.
- Teams: All teams shall consist of no more than two anglers, although a contestant may enter this tournament as a one man team. Only registered contestants are allowed in the boats during official tournament hours. With the exception of an emergency situation, both team members must stay in entered boat at all times during official tournament hours. If for any reason a team member has to get out of the boat, all fishing must stop until both team members are back in the boat. Tournament directors must be notified any time a team member exits the boat.
- Practice: Off limits begins at 5 pm the day before the tournament until the tournament begins. Anyone that participates in or is involved in the unsportsmanlike and unethical practice of catching fish and relocating them to an area on tournament waters that traps them with the intentions of catching them on tournament day will be disqualified.
- Registration: Register online at www.blastandcast.org. Deadline for registration is 5 pm the day before the tournament. Deadline for any refunds is two weeks before the tournament.
- Check in: ALL TEAMS MUST CHECK IN THE MORNING OF THE TOURNAMENT FOR BOAT CHECKS AND LIABILITY WAIVER SIGNING.
- Safety: All teams must have a United States Coast Guard approved life vest on and buckled anytime the outboard is in gear. Waist belts are not acceptable for use while moving to another location. The driver of each vessel must have an emergency kill switch connected to his life vest anytime the outboard is in gear. Blast & Cast reserves the right to make any changes for safety precautions, including launch and weigh in times in the event of unsafe weather conditions. No alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed during tournament hours.
- Sportsmanship: All teams entering tournament are expected to show true sportsmanship and common courtesy at all times. No fishing is allowed 25 yards of another entered team without mutual consent. No team at any time shall block an entry to a fishing area that is considered a public waterway.
- Fishing times: Fishing time will be safe light to 2 pm. ALL TEAMS MUST BE IN LINE WITH THEIR CATCH NO LATER THAN 30 MINUTES AFTER STOP FISHING TIMES. Any team not in line by said time will not be able to weigh in their catch for the day.
- Off Limits areas: All areas marked by state, federal, local authorities and areas determined by Blast & Cast are not allowed to be fished (no exceptions). All bridges (marked or unmarked) are considered no wake zones.
- Fishing methods: Only one rod and reel may be used at any time by each team member. No trolling is allowed. When sight fishing, all bass must be hooked in the mouth to be considered a legal catch. All fish must be caught alive and on artificial bait with the exception of pork rinds.
- Length requirements and scoring: Only black bass, smallmouth, and Kentucky spotted bass will be allowed to weigh. Length limits will be in accordance with legal limits established by TPWD. The official measuring board will be the PRO RULE. Only five fish are allowed in the live well at any time during tournament hours. No culling of dead fish. A dead fish can not be weighed in for big fish competition. There is a 1 pound penalty and loss of fish for any fish not meeting size requirements. There is a .50 pound penalty for any dead fish brought to the weigh-in. All Bass become property of Blast & Cast after they are weighed and will be released back into tournament waters immediately after weigh-in has
- Ties: Ties will be settled by combining 2 places and splitting equally.